Re: dired: changing default-action for "!" (on eg .pdf)?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: dired: changing default-action for "!" (on eg .pdf)?
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 12:55:18 +0200

> From: dkcombs@panix.com (David Combs)
> Date: 15 Jan 2005 00:01:51 -0500
>
> How to modify what dired's "!" suggests running, as default, for
> file-extension of eg .pdf, from the current xpdf to adobe-reader?

Tweak the variable `dired-guess-shell-alist-user'.

If you tried to find this option and failed, please describe your
trials.  It's possible that the documentation needs an improvement.

(I find the section that explains this if I type "info dired" from the
command line, then type "i guess" inside the Info reader.)