Re: *Messages*: how to make lines there wider (ie not truncated)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: *Messages*: how to make lines there wider (ie not truncated)
Date: Sat, 15 Jan 2005 13:01:02 +0200

> From: dkcombs@panix.com (David Combs)
> Date: 15 Jan 2005 00:04:18 -0500
>
> Notice, from the ellipses (dots), how they currently get truncated:
>
> Mark saved where search started
> 9 lines matched
> Saving file /dkcjunk/phones.mss...
> Wrote /dkcjunk/phones.mss

??? What evidence do you have that these ellipses are the sign of
truncation?  AFAICS, everything you cited are the full text of the
messages (including the dots), no truncation anywhere in sight.

FWIW, I just looked into my *Messages* buffer, and I clearly see there
that messages that are too long for the frame are wrapped around using
continuation lines, not truncated.

So please look closer at what you thought to be the problem and see
what led you to this incorrect conclusion.