list of regex matches

From: Matthew Huggett
Subject: list of regex matches
Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 03:32:30 +0900 (JST)

Hi,

I'd like to build a list of regular expression matches.  Specifically,
I have a buffer in which some text is surrounded by || characters.
I'd like to build a list of all these chunks of || <some text> ||.  I
thought that maybe I could use a recursive function that makes calls
to (re-search-forward...) but I haven't got it right yet.  Any
suggestions would be appreciated.  I'm looking for a function that
would take a buffer or even a string and return a list of strings that
matched a regular expression.