Re: Adjusting page length in "Print buffer" command

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Adjusting page length in "Print buffer" command
Date: Mon, 17 Jan 2005 06:42:21 +0200

> From: Tim McNamara <timmcn@bitstream.net>
> Date: Sun, 16 Jan 2005 14:47:55 -0600
>
> > You should put there whatever command-line switches that you want to
> > pass to `pr'.
>
> Thanks, unfortunately that gets me no further.  It is like you are
> speaking another language that I don't understand and for which there
> is no dictionary.
>
> What is a "switch" in this context?

The command-line switch to `pr'.  They are listed in the `pr's man
page, and you already told here that you understood what switches you
want, so I'm puzzled why you cannot continue.

> What value is placed in this field to be passed to "pr"?

If you want to invoke `pr' like this:

   pr -x foo -y bar

then the value of lpr-headers-switches should be the list

   ("-x" "foo" "-y" "bar")

> There is no explanation of this in the manual, as far as I can find.

The doc string of lpr-headers-switches says that it is a list of
strings.