Re: using emacs for a menuing system?

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: using emacs for a menuing system?
Date: Fri, 21 Jan 2005 10:13:01 -0700

Mike wrote:
I've been thinking what it would be like (good and bad) to
present emacs to my operators as a menuing system. They could
make selections similiar to the M-x customize type interfaces,
the selections could do rsh/ssh type jobs, start and stop
machines, etc.

The only downside I see so far is the huge size of emacs.

I don't think Emacs is suitable for that task.  The point of a menu
system is to constrain the user; the point of Emacs is to empower the
user.

--
Kevin Rodgers