Re: Background colour customization

From: Ismael Valladolid Torres
Subject: Re: Background colour customization
Date: Mon, 24 Jan 2005 20:23:13 +0100

romeomedina@libero.it escribe:
> Recently I downloaded and installed Emacs CVS,
> and it came up all white, whereas I like that dark smart green
> with which Emacs opens up, i.e.,
> from Mandrake default installation.
> Can anyone suggest how to customize that?
> 'M-x list-display-colors' didn't help:
> I couldn't find the colour I wanted over there,
> and even if I had found it I don't know how to set it by default.

For a ``Mandraky'' look I use:

(defvar current-background "DarkSlateGray")
(defvar current-cursor "Orchid")
(defvar current-foreground "Wheat")

(set-background-color current-background)
(set-cursor-color current-cursor)
(set-foreground-color current-foreground)

(set-default-font current-font)
(setq default-frame-alist
      (list
       (cons 'font current-font)
       (cons 'background-color current-background)
       (cons 'cursor-color current-cursor)
       (cons 'foreground-color current-foreground)))

(setq initial-frame-alist default-frame-alist)

Cordially, Ismael