Re: header-line-format hacking

From: Thien-Thi Nguyen
Subject: Re: header-line-format hacking
Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2005 15:12:26 +0100

ytrewq1 <ytrewq1@gmail.com> writes:

> I don't think I quite follow you.  Do you mean that the minor
> mode code should not be modifying header-line-format?  If it's
> not supposed to, does that mean each user should add something
> to their .emacs to define header-line-format?

the minor mode code presuambly comprises a bunch of defuns
plus some "load-time actions".  the load-time actions is
where the variable is inserted into `header-line-format'
(be sure to check that it's not already there).

the idea is to modify `header-line-format' at most one time,
and use indirection (through the variable) to effect state
toggling and notification.

thi