Re: umlauts (8bit characters) input

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: umlauts (8bit characters) input
Date: Tue, 1 Feb 2005 16:21:26 +0100

Am 01.02.2005 um 12:37 schrieb Hendrik Sattler:

Konsole does not strip of the 8th bit, as
EVERYTHING els is working just fine (bash, mcedit, even VI!). The absolutly
only exception is emacs.

Hmm, that's very interesting ... to me things behave completely different: in Apple's Terminal.app vi (actually vim) cannot display any 8bit chars, I have to use GNU Emacs 21.3.50 to see them. When I launch the same as an X client or as a Carbon Application I can see and type these same umlauts, except that shell und dired-mode refuse to show me file names containing these umlauts.

I think terminal-coding-system can be an issue.

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete

Linux bietet Lösungen für Probleme unter Windows, die mit Mac OS X gar nicht erst auftreten.