Remembering a regexp across searches

From: Michael Preminger
Subject: Remembering a regexp across searches
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 10:17:36 +0100

Hello!

Maybe something I would expect to find in the FAQ, but to no avail:

I need to do repeating incremental searches of regular expression.

when I find what I was looking for - I need to do some changes (manually), and then search for the next occurrence corresponding to the same regexp.

Sometimes the regexps are complicated, and retyping them in the Iserach-buffer is tedious.

How do I avoid this re-typing? Is there a way to make emacs "remember" a regexp and re-use it in a handy way?

Thanks

michael