Re: Remembering a regexp across searches

From: Slawomir Nowaczyk
Subject: Re: Remembering a regexp across searches
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 12:00:34 +0100

On Wed, 02 Feb 2005 11:25:23 +0100
David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:

#> Michael Preminger <michaelp@hio.no> writes:

#> > Maybe something I would expect to find in the FAQ, but to no avail:
#> >
#> > I need to do repeating incremental searches of regular expression.
#> >
#> > when I find what I was looking for - I need to do some changes
#> > (manually), and then search for the next occurrence corresponding to
#> > the same regexp.
#> >
#> > Sometimes the regexps are complicated, and retyping them in the
#> > Iserach-buffer is tedious.
#> >
#> > How do I avoid this re-typing? Is there a way to make emacs "remember"
#> > a regexp and re-use it in a handy way?

#> Just type another C-s and you are set.

Or, if you need more history, meta-p and meta-n are your friends :-)
There are  a couple more nice things in isearch, and they are
explained in the "Emacs Manual".

--
 Best wishes,
   Slawomir Nowaczyk

As I said before, I never repeat myself.