solaris --color 21.3.2 -nw tty

From: John M. Adams
Subject: solaris --color 21.3.2 -nw tty
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 10:35:18 -0500

Hello,

I've recently needed to use -nw.  It works well.  The color support is
awesome.

But I have the following problem.  The cannonical installation (Solaris)
at work(where I don't have root), is 21.3.2.  This has (I think) color
support, but it does not respect the TERMINFO env variable.  It only looks
in /usr/share/terminfo and gives up if it can't find the entry there.  This
is problematic for me since I am currently forced to use my own TERMINFO
directory.

I built my own emacs from CVS a few days ago.  It has the --color switch and
it respects TERMINFO.  What a godsend.  My CVS build works very well,
except that I have noticed some glitches saving custom faces through the
customize-face interface.  I can workaround this, but..

Is there a way to workaround the TERMINFO problem with 21.3.2 or is there a
recommended version/CVS tag I can use to check out something that handles
saving custom faces a little better?  Or is there a particular version I
should test to see whether a bug report is indicated?

Thanks a lot,

--
John M. Adams