Re: unicode files created with windows notepad

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: unicode files created with windows notepad
Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 20:25:35 +0200

> From: Kevin Rodgers <ihs_4664@yahoo.com>
> Date: Wed, 02 Feb 2005 09:16:12 -0700
>
> My crystal ball is at the shop, getting buffed.

Mine, too.

> Does the UTF-16-LE file written by NotePad include a BOM

I tried that on XP, and the file does include a correct BOM.  (Btw,
Notepad doesn't call the encoding "UTF-16-LE", it calls it "Unicode".)

I asked for the OP's Windows version to see whether it's some Windows
problem.  The version of the OP's Emacs (what Emacs displays if you
type "M-x emacs-version RET") would also help understand what might be
the problem.