Re: unicode files created with windows notepad

From: David Ellis
Subject: Re: unicode files created with windows notepad
Date: Wed, 2 Feb 2005 14:27:26 -0600

I set debug-on-error to t, but no *Backtrace* buffer was created.

The *Messages* buffer includes the following:

(C:\Program Files\emacs\bin\emacs.exe)
For information about the GNU Project and its goals, type C-h C-p.
Fontifying *scratch*... (regexps.............)

Making completion list...
File mode specification error: (void-variable
$,1s;$,3u=u=$,29,$,3u=$,25`5m$,3u=u=$,26,$,3u=u=u=$,1sg$,3u=u=u=u=$,1sh$,3u=u=u=$,1sg$,3u=

There is a long list of characters following this then,

Region saved

My version of emacs is GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (i386-mingw-nt5.1.2600) of
2004-03-10 on NYAUMO.

Thanks for your help.

Dave

36ccmeF4v995vU1@individual.net">news:36ccmeF4v995vU1@individual.net...