Re: C-x 3 C-s foo Only window with cursor "lights up" foo

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: C-x 3 C-s foo Only window with cursor "lights up" foo
Date: 04 Feb 2005 11:36:05 +0100

> > Curious, why is just the "primary" text marked in the buffer in
> > all windows it is displayed and not the "future" marks?
>
> It is also marked in all windows (i.e. the highlighting of the
> "future marks" is also applied to the buffer, not just the window),
> AFAIK.  But it's only applied to the region of the buffer that's
> visible in the main window, so other windows won't see any of it
> unless they show an overlapping part of the buffer.

In my Emacs it is not the case. I'm running CVS Emacs from July 2004
in Windows XP. Not that it is very important for me, I just wanted to
present this fact.

I did this:

* emacs --no-init-file

* When in the *scratch* buffer, C-x 2

* C-s a (just search for an "a" in there)

The highligting for the "future" marks is only visible in one of the
windows.

/Mathias