strange W3 behavior

From: Josef Dalcolmo
Subject: strange W3 behavior
Date: 07 Feb 2005 17:58:26 +0100

I just installed W3 (4.0.47) on GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (compiled with mingw
running W2k) It basically works, but for normal http addresses I have
to start w3 twice to get the page. When setting the home page to a
local file it starts up and shows the page. Then I can click on an
external page, but still most of the time I have to press C-g and the
click again, othewise Emacs hangs, without ever getting to the page
(tried with www.google.com, www.yahoo.com).

Does anybody have an idea what is going on?

- Josef
Dr. Josef Dalcolmo, von Hoerner & Sulger GmbH, D-68723 Schwetzingen
http://www.vh-s.de, e-mail: dalcolmo@vh-s.de, tel: +49-6202-5756-28