Re: BACKSPACE in GNU-EMACS editor

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: BACKSPACE in GNU-EMACS editor
Date: Wed, 9 Feb 2005 11:56:46 +0100

Am 09.02.2005 um 01:07 schrieb new2linux:

Does anyone know the (global-set-key) def for utilizingthe backspace to
delete a go back 1 char and 1 word ?

It might happen that your system cannot distinguish between C-d and Backspace, so you better first check what that keys is by entering C-h k and then pressing the backspace key. Use this name then for:

        (global-set-key [<NAME>]        'delete-backward-char)

Pressing Esc-backspace or M-backspace should automatically delete backward a whole word.

Pressing C-h b you'll see the keybindings in an extra *Help* buffer.
--
Greetings

  Pete

"I love deadlines. I love the whooshing noise they make as they go by" (Douglas Adams)