Re: Can't get italic face!

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Can't get italic face!
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2005 15:27:56 +0100

Am 10.02.2005 um 15:02 schrieb romeomedina@@libero..it:

Hey, it's strange:
when I reopen the file the changed I did in character face are not saved.
Why? I can I make those changes permanent?

Because you did not change the file but only how the buffer represents the file's contents!

This customization stuff is meant for syntax highlighting not for word processing à la MS. The highlighting is based on rules about the buffer's mode. Then regular expressions find things that are to be highlighted.

What you did before was for your eyes only and to keep you from real work.

--
Greetings

  Pete