Re: Trying to input Unicode via GNU Emacs 21.3.1

From: Erik Norvelle
Subject: Re: Trying to input Unicode via GNU Emacs 21.3.1
Date: Sat, 12 Feb 2005 18:27:58 +0100

Peter Dyballa & August,

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions and clarifications. Knowing that the Unicode characters were correctly entered in Emacs helped me to trace the issue to the browser, which, as you both suspected, was not responding to the fact that the file was in Unicode.

As it turns out, if I change the text encoding of the page from `Western (ISO-8859-1)' to `Unicode (UTF-8)' everything does in fact appear perfectly.

So this is no longer really an Emacs question, but perhaps one of you might know the answer anyhow: Why don't my browsers (both Camino and Safari) respond to the fact that my HTML contains the following:

Feel free to reply directly to me if you don't want to clutter the Emacs list with HTML questions

Cheers,
-Erik