Insert debug statement with repeated string? ELSE, perhaps?

From: John J. Lee
Subject: Insert debug statement with repeated string? ELSE, perhaps?
Date: 13 Feb 2005 19:15:38 +0000

I'd like to be able to insert debug statements that contain a repeated
string, for example:

jjl.debug('fooBar %r' % fooBar)

without typing the string 'fooBar' twice, and with not too many
keystrokes: ie without fiddling around with cursor positioning, C-y,
etc. (well, actually p or P rather than C-y for me, since I'm using
viper).

I suspect ELSE may be able to do this: does anybody have an example of
this kind of thing?

Or just some elisp usable by this elisp-illiterate?

John