Setting frame title

From: dougtle
Subject: Setting frame title
Date: 15 Feb 2005 17:58:08 -0800

Newbie Emacs user here.

This the version I'm using:
GNU Emacs 21.3.1 (hppa2.0w-hp-hpux11.00, Motif Version 2.1.0)

I want to be able to set the window title (and icon) of the current
frame to the current buffer file.  I've googled this newsgroup and
I keep finding methods that involves set-frame-title or
modify-frame-parameters.  However, I cannot seem to find these
options or settings on my Emacs.

The only thing I can do is: default-frame-alist (name . "foo")

However, it doesn't take a variable name like %b or (buffer-name).
It only take the literal string and sets the window title to it.