Inconsistence between emacs gnus and mozilla with chinese characters

From: Rodolfo Medina
Subject: Inconsistence between emacs gnus and mozilla with chinese characters
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 12:50:52 +0000

Hi.

This is my problem:

I want to use gnus as my mail agent and mozilla as web browser.
I did experiments and noticed that the two are apparently
inconsistent as concerned with chinese characters. I.e.:

1) I can properly send and receive mails
   (containing chinese characters input via 'scim') using emacs gnus;
2) I can properly input and read chinese characters
   in mozilla navigator once I've selected
   View > Character Encoding > Unicode (UTF-8);

but:

1) if I compose and send to myself an e-mail via web mail with
   mozilla navigator and collect it with gnus,
   I can't read chinese characters;
2) vice versa, if I compose and send an e-mail via gnus
   and try to read it within Internet with mozilla navigator
   I can't read chinese characters.

Any idea about this problem?
The same happens if I select *any* other chinese encoding system
featured by mozilla navigator.
Besides,

1) if I compose and send to myself an e-mail via mozilla navigator
   and collect it with MicroSoft Outlook I can't read chinese characters;
2) if I compose and send an e-mail via gnus
   and try to read it with MS Outlook I *can* properly
   read chinese characters.

So, the following interactions work fine:
gnus -> gnus; (mozilla navigator) -> (mozilla navigator);
gnus -> (MS Outlook),
whereas the following do not properly work:
gnus -> (mozilla navigator); (mozilla navigator) -> gnus;
(mozilla navigator) -> (MS Outlook).
But I'm not interested in using MS Outlook, I just did a trial with it.
I'm interested in using gnus as mail agent and mozilla as web navigator
or, in place of mozilla, some linux web browser that `agrees' with gnus
in displaying chinese characters input via 'scim'.
Can anyone else from this mailing list provide help or
suggestion about this matter? Is the inconsistence normal or there's a way
to work it out, and how?
Let's do the experiment: I'm composing the present message with gnus;
then I'll send to this list a second message composed with mozilla navigator,
so that listers can see themselves what is displayed in what.

Thanks indeed to anyone will be able to provide help.
Rodolfo

These are chinese characters within gnus:

中国
中國