Re: AUCTeX, Miktex, Yap and the inverse search

From: Daniel Wright
Subject: Re: AUCTeX, Miktex, Yap and the inverse search
Date: Sun, 20 Feb 2005 20:30:41 +0100

David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> wrote:

> You should install "gnuclient" and configure yap to use it instead of
> runemacs.  If gnuclient is installed, AUCTeX should be able to start
> up the necessary server inside of Emacs automatically.

Yiiaaoow! Thanks! Now it's working like a dream :)

I downloaded gnuserv/gnuclient from:
<URL:http://www.wyrdrune.com/index.html?gnuserv.html~main>
followed the included instructions, customised 'TeX-output-view-style'
and configured yap to run with: 'gnuclientw +%l %f'

> For all people that use Source Specials, I should also recommend
> taking a look at preview-latex
> <URL:http://preview-latex.sourceforge.net>: for a lot of situations
> where Source Specials might be useful, it is quite more convenient.

Thanks for the bonus tip! I'll be checking that out in due course.

Greetings/MfG,
Daniel.