w32 <---ReflexionX---> Sun; How do I make ALT-TAB work locally?

From: Alan Mackenzie
Subject: w32 <---ReflexionX---> Sun; How do I make ALT-TAB work locally?
Date: Mon, 21 Feb 2005 21:01:21 +0000

Hi,

this one's for a friend in need.  I quote:

"If I run emacs on the Sun with the display on Windows (using ReflectionX as
the Xserver) everything is fine, except that Emacs intercepts the ALT-TAB
sequence, which I use to switch between windows.  Is there a way to tell Emacs
to ignore Alt-TAB (but not other ALT key usage) and allow Windows to do its
normal stuff.   I can tell the Xserver not to pass *any* ALT key presses to
Emacs but that is clearly not helpful."

I've already perused .../etc/PROBLEMS and the Emacs FAQ (21.3 vintage), but
haven't found anything useful.

I don't know much about X, but it sounds like Emacs's keyboard settings
are getting sent down the cable to the terminal program on MS-Windows,
which then directs w32 to forward the ALT-TAB key sequence to Emacs.

Would somebody help, please?

--
Alan Mackenzie (Munich, Germany)
Email: aacm@muuc.dee; to decode, wherever there is a repeated letter