Re: Compiling Emacs with GTK

From: Hendrik Sattler
Subject: Re: Compiling Emacs with GTK
Date: Thu, 24 Feb 2005 12:49:46 +0100

David Kastrup wrote:

> And that's because the ergonomics of almost all toolkit scrollbars
> suck.
>
> To change the direction of moving, I have to move the mouse.  I can't
> control the size of the move except by dragging (a recipe for RSI).
> When scrolling in one direction repeatedly, the moment the scroll
> "thumbmark" gyrates under the mouse cursor, it stops working.

Mouse wheels are a great invention. Instead of mouse1/mouse2 to scroll, you
use scroll_up/scroll_down, nothing is more intuitive than that.
And at least with QT, you can use that on a horizontal scrollbar, too, if
you place the mouse cursor over it.
Some mice offer a real button instead of the wheel (I like this even
better).

And since this is about a text editor: PgUp/PgDown exist ;)

HS