vim mode for emacs?

From: Paul Tremblay
Subject: vim mode for emacs?
Date: Sat, 26 Feb 2005 22:49:04 -0500

I hope this question doesn't sound too funny, but is there a vim mode
for emacs? I remember reading on an email list that one could set up
emacs so it would operate like vim--that is, you could hit the j key and
move up one line, hit the k key and move on one line, and so on.

I am coming from the vim world, but I really want to take advantage of
emacs XML modes. But I am so used to the vim key bindings, that I was
hoping I could adapt them to emacs.

Thanks

Paul

--