Re: Special characters on Emacs/Mac?

From: address@hidden
Subject: Re: Special characters on Emacs/Mac?
Date: Mon, 07 Mar 2005 01:55:15 -0500

Ulrich Hobelmann wrote:

> I just can't stop it...
>
> I guess the default encoding of Emacs is ISO-Latin-1, at least that's
> what I want to use anyway.
>
> How can I input accented characters / German Umlauts, etc.?
>
> Actually I think the problem is not the input, but the font: how do I
> change my
> (set-face-font 'default "-apple-Bitstream Vera Sans
> Mono-regular-r-normal--13-140-75-75-m-120-mac-roman")
> to use ISO-Latin-1 encoding instead of mac-roman?  The documentation
> didn't really help me there... (and my tries were worthless)

I don't know if the font makes a difference, but have you tried M-x
iso-accents-mode?

Here are most of them:

A " and a vowel produce ö.

A ` and a vowel produce à.

A 'and a vowel produce á.

A tilde gives you ñ, ç, ¡, ¿

A ^ and a vowel gives you ô.

--Rod
Author of "Linux for Non-Geeks--Clear-eyed Answers for Practical Consumers"
and "Boring Stories from Uncle Rod." Both are available at
http://www.rodwriterpublishing.com/index.html.

To reply take the extra "o" out of the name.