Re: options/config for the CVS built

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: options/config for the CVS built
Date: Mon, 7 Mar 2005 13:59:30 +0100

Am 07.03.2005 um 12:15 schrieb Gnooby:

I have done this on Linux some time ago and I remember the built
process to be *very* time-consuming.

The time is spent in compiling the Elisp files. When you're sure that this isn't needed you can try 'make bootfast' -- it doesn't save so much time for me.

Besides, once you have the Elisp files compiled, you could try a simple make and hope that everything goes fine. The problem comes up when you receive from CVS new Elisp files. It's sometimes not sufficient to byte-compile them, sometimes code from them is used by other functions in different Elisp files ...

As long as you don't change them I think you can try different configurations after 'make bootstrap' and simply invoke 'make' to see what comes out.

--
Greetings

  Pete