Re: How to make Emacs use image support libraries?

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: How to make Emacs use image support libraries?
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2005 21:32:30 +0100

Am 08.03.2005 um 14:49 schrieb Rodolfo Medina:

So, now it's okay for tiff and gif, but not for jpeg.
Why? The installation of jpeg seemed to have no problem.
Any suggestion?

I quite always forget that others do *not* install their Linux development packages ... at least some are indispensable!

I can't suggest from that far remote, you'll have to look into configure's log file. There all tests and their results are logged. Maybe you need a more up to date JPEG package, version 6b?

P.S.: I also downloaded Xaw3d-1.5.tar.gz, but didn't see any
      README or Install file there. How shall I install it?

There is a README.XAW3D file in xc/lib/Xaw3d. It tells how to install using imake ... spend some time with it and imake and check the Makefile made! Sometimes the support files for imake (the cf, tmpl, and rules files in ≈ /usr/X11R6/lib/X11/config are not always perfect).

--
Greetings

  Pete

  It's not the valleys in life I dread so much as the dips.
                --      Garfield

--
Mit friedvollen Grüßen

  Pete      <\