Re: Where to buy Elisp Ref manual?

From: Tim Johnson
Subject: Re: Where to buy Elisp Ref manual?
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2005 08:28:13 -0900

Dhruva Krishnamurthy wrote:
<snip ...>
tj> Hi Dhruva: How did you obtain it? Were you able to order and pay online?
tj> Or did you have to contact GnuPress the "old fashioned way"?  thanks tim

I brought it online. I requested my friend in US to use his credit card and
had it shipped to his address. I later collected it and it finally reached
INDIA (my current locale).

Try this link, I guess it still works and I am convinced it is safe.

https://agia.fsf.org/order/
Hello:
Thanks. I don't believe that I see the manual at that link now.

Yesterday, I called the Free software Foundation and was told that
it was no longer being printed and there was no date set for a later
edition. Shucks!

I then ordered version 18 (pub 1992) used from Amazon for $11.86 USD (including shipping) and my local UPS store will print out the current online manual for 5 cents per page. Between the two methods, I guess I can get the same info (and more paper!) for the same price. Staples and
binder extra ...... I still like paper myself.

tim