automating inter-buffer copy-paste

From: B.T. Raven
Subject: automating inter-buffer copy-paste
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 09:36:35 -0600

Greetings and Salutations:

I would like to accomplish with one keystroke (maybe a function key
bound to some elisp code) what would manually be done by selecting a
region, copying, changing the current buffer, and then pasting at the
end. Its seems that even before copy is invoked via menu edit > copy,
etc. that emacs "knows" the mark and point of the region just selected.
I know about M-x copy-to-buffer, which is pretty close to what I want
but I would like also like to have the target buffer's name hard-code to
something like "dribble.text" for example.

Thanks,

Ed.