Re: Use ido for *all* completion?

From: Mark Plaksin
Subject: Re: Use ido for *all* completion?
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2005 19:25:39 -0500

>>> Please report it via M-x report-emacs-bug.
>
>> Do you mean I should report that I'd like ido-like completion for
>> everything?
>
> Well, you could do that too, but I mostly meant that you should report that
> Emacs-CVS breaks lightning.el.

Heh.  The problem with lightning completion turned out to be a bad test.  It
tested for Emacs 21 with
  (= emacs-major-version 21)
instead of
  (>= emacs-major-version 21)

Changing the defconst to this fixed the problem:
(defconst lc-emacs-21-p
  (and (boundp 'emacs-major-version)
       (not lc-xemacs-p)
       (>= emacs-major-version 21))
  "Non-nil if using GNU Emacs >= 21.")

I still plan to try to make ido work for all minibuffer completion.