Re: changing default shell

From: Kevin Rodgers
Subject: Re: changing default shell
Date: Wed, 16 Mar 2005 09:09:16 -0700

Justin wrote:
I stopped using emacs for awhile and it seems I forgot a few things. Before, I remembered typing M-x to enter the name of a function which would allow me to modify certain environment variables for emacs. I'd enter the name of the function, hit enter, then emacs would ask for the variable name then a new buffer would open which would show the current value and allow me to graphically modify it. This buffer would also provide more information about the variable itself.

If you mean environment variables per se, M-x setenv.  If you mean
options specific to Emacs, M-x customize-variable.

My end goal is to change the default shell to bash.

,----[ C-h v shell-file-name RET ]

`----

--
Kevin Rodgers