XWin32 oddities (was: cut/paste support in X Windows (running Gnome))

From: Jochen Küpper
Subject: XWin32 oddities (was: cut/paste support in X Windows (running Gnome))
Date: Thu, 17 Mar 2005 21:53:09 +0100

On a related track (but probably quite unrelated and not Emacs' fault
at all):

Running emacs-21.3.1 from SuSe 9.1 using XWin32 6.0 and 6.1 on Windows
XP as X-server I cannot paste from Emacs to Windows applications.

Copying is set up in XWin32 and works between Linux' xterm or mozilla
to Windows, and also from Emacs to xterm, but not from Emacs to
Windows-apps... (using X' mouse selection/copying mechanism and CTRL-v
in Windows)

Has anybody seen something like that before? Any ideas or solutions?

Greetings,
Jochen
        (Part 3 you find in my messages before fall 2003.)