Re: Making Emacs more newbie friendly

From: Gian Uberto Lauri
Subject: Re: Making Emacs more newbie friendly
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2005 16:49:29 +0100

n> Eli Zaretskii wrote:
>> If someone is happy with Notepad, they probably don't need Emacs.  And

n> Eli, what he wants to tell us is, that CUA bindings and GUI dialogs
n> are common today, and not proprietary key bindings and dialogs a la
n> mini buffer or something.

I  find  Emacs "proprietary"  (prorietary  and  Emacs  sounds like  an
oxymoron[?])  much  smarter than  CUA ones (that  you can  activate by
means  of  a   menu  item,  at  least  in   my  "GNU  Emacs  21.3.50.1
(powerpc-apple-darwin7.6.0)  of 2004-11-20  on cyrano"  and minibuffer
much more powerful than dialogs, anyway.

I can see NO modern tool matching Emacs editing power (neither that of
the tools of the sixes).

--