Re: Making Emacs more newbie friendly

From: David Kastrup
Subject: Re: Making Emacs more newbie friendly
Date: Sun, 20 Mar 2005 18:44:12 +0100

Brian Elmegaard <brian@rk-speed-rugby.dk> writes:

> David Kastrup <dak@gnu.org> writes:
>
> A look and feel like winedt or eclipse but with the possibility for
> the conventional emacs look and access to all the emacs modes and
> features would be close to a perfect world for me.

The constant general babbling about look-and-feel is completely
fruitless.  Only specific proposals can be implemented.

> I have no idea what it would take of programming efforts, but as
> long the horisontal scroll is not available, I am speaking about a
> project of eons.

hscroll-mode is an interactive autoloaded Lisp function in `hscroll'.
(hscroll-mode &optional ARG)

This function is obsolete.
Emacs now does hscrolling automatically, if `truncate-lines' is non-nil.
Also see `automatic-hscrolling'.

[back]