Re: Making Emacs more newbie friendly

From: Brian Elmegaard
Subject: Re: Making Emacs more newbie friendly
Date: 21 Mar 2005 09:11:10 +0100

"Eli Zaretskii" <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> If MS Word isn't advanced, then what is?

It is the application any child uses first (after games and browsers
that is). You are right, however, it is advanced and makes many people
frustrated. But, it has a lot of clickable icons, that can makes it
do stuff. Perhaps that is what makes it attractive, I don't know?
Perhaps it's only marketing.

> On what OS?  Under which window manager?

Windows XP

> 4 examples vs 2 is not ``almost anywhere''.
In general those that have tabs for the windows:
wxpython, Pythonwin, Refrigeration Utilities, Matlab, Texniccenter,
winshell

In general not those which allow only one file (buffer) in one window
(frame): maple, octave, maxima, gsview, open office.

--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
http://www.et.dtu.dk/staff/be/be.html