Re: Making Emacs more newbie friendly

From: Brian Elmegaard
Subject: Re: Making Emacs more newbie friendly
Date: 22 Mar 2005 12:46:39 +0100

Alan Mackenzie <acm@muc.de> writes:

> a bit.  But please, _describe_ these exotic unknown programs rather than

I think I did already. But the users prefer an interface like:
http://www.winedt.com/HTML/snap.html

In addition I would like to be able to something like
http://eclipse.org/articles/Article-GEF-editor/gef-schema-editor.html
inside emacs.

And I would not like to use any of them, because emacs is superior to
winedt and eclipse doesn't any more easy to learn to use than
emacs. Neither of them have more than one mode I could benefit from
using.

> I think the man wants a horizontal scroll bar.

I think I have learned to live without it...

--
Brian (remove the sport for mail)
http://www.et.dtu.dk/staff/be/be.html