VC in emacs 21.3

From: kgold
Subject: VC in emacs 21.3
Date: 25 Mar 2005 22:31:49 GMT

In my continuing quest to move from Intel/Linux emacs 20.7 to 21.3

>From a C buffer, these commands
        C-x v =         vc-diff
        C-x v l         vc-print-log
        C-x v g         vc-annotate
        C-x v ~         vc-version-other-window

In 20.7. they all pop up a password dialog.

In 21.3, the last 2 pop up the dialog.  The first asks for a password
in the *vc-diff* buffer and the second asks for a password in the *vc*
buffer.

1 - I'd like it to always pop the password dialog.  How can I
configure that?

2 - If it's a bug and I can't configure it, I can live with typing the
password in the buffer (echoing in the clear gives me the creeps), but
ENTER doesn't seem to send it anywhere.  What's the keystroke to send
it?

--
Ken Goldman   kgold@watson.ibm.com   914-784-7646