Re: Is Emacs becoming Word?

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: Is Emacs becoming Word?
Date: Sun, 27 Mar 2005 06:35:05 +0200

> Date: Sat, 26 Mar 2005 17:08:04 -0800
> From: Greg Novak <novak@ucolick.org>
>
> > So I think the response was appropriate, and precisely what he
> > needed to hear, since he should look for the reasons in his own
> > customizations.
>
> This is the fourth time in this thread that I've been told that I must
> have turned on the features myself.  This is in direct conflict with
> the information I provided in the original post.  The strange behavior
> started after a version upgrade, _not_ after hacking around in my
> .emacs file, fooling with any customization options, or anything.

There's no conflict here (as you've been told several times): it's
quite possible that something in your .emacs has different effects
before and after the upgrade.

What is important that you should go through your .emacs and look for
customizations that turn on the features that annoy you.  As I already
told here, the Python mode would be my first suspect, unless similar
problems occur in buffers that are not in Python mode.