apply or

Subject: apply or
Date: Fri, 1 Apr 2005 03:30:58 -0500 (EST)

I noticed that it is not possible to feed logical connectives to "apply" as,
for instance, the following examples

 (apply 'or '(t nil t nil))

 (apply 'and '(t nil t nil))

in emacs LISP because "or" and "and" are special forms as opposed to functions.
 When I try these examples, I recieve the error message

 invalid-function #<subr and>

Whilst I can work around this difficulty using "member" or using "eval" and
"cons", I wonder if there is a way of doing what I originally intended and
directly feeding logical connectives to "apply" (or, for that matter, other
functions which take a function as an argument).

Join Excite! - http://www.excite.com