Re: browse-url

From: Greg Novak
Subject: Re: browse-url
Date: Tue, 5 Apr 2005 02:19:42 -0700

* Joe Corneli <jcorneli@math.utexas.edu> wrote:
> Both of these functions appear to require starting a new firefox. (??)

By a cosmic coincidence I just put the following in my .emacs file,
which opens a page in a new tab using an existing Firefox.

(defun browse-url-firefox (url &optional new-window)
  (shell-command (concat "/usr/local/firefox/mozilla-xremote-client \"openurl("
                 url
                 ",new-tab)\"")))

(setq browse-url-browser-function 'browse-url-firefox)

Greg