how the H*** tp get cvs-emacs? (I use cmds given HERE!)

From: David Combs
Subject: how the H*** tp get cvs-emacs? (I use cmds given HERE!)
Date: 6 Apr 2005 08:18:13 -0400

Here's an attempt:

|  268 ==/dkcjunk==> cvs -d:pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs
login
|  Logging in to :pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:2401/cvsroot/emacs
|  CVS password:

To which prompt I simply hit <return>.

After which it just sits there.
So, I finally hit a few returns, then said "xxx":

|  xxx
|  cvs [login aborted]: received interrupt signal
|  269 ==/dkcjunk==> 269 ==/dkcjunk==> xxx: Command not found.
|  270 ==/dkcjunk==> cvs -z3
-d:pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs -t EMACS_21_3 checkout
emacs
|  Unknown command: `EMACS_21_3'
|
|  CVS commands are:
|          add          Add a new file/directory to the repository
|          admin        Administration front end for rcs
|          annotate     Show last revision where each line was modified
|          checkout     Checkout sources for editing
|          commit       Check files into the repository
|          diff         Show differences between revisions
|          edit         Get ready to edit a watched file
|          editors      See who is editing a watched file
|          export       Export sources from CVS, similar to checkout
|          history      Show repository access history
|          import       Import sources into CVS, using vendor branches
|          init         Create a CVS repository if it doesn't exist
|          log          Print out history information for files
|          login        Prompt for password for authenticating server
|          logout       Removes entry in .cvspass for remote repository
|          pserver      Password server mode
|          rannotate    Show last revision where each line of module was
modified
|          rdiff        Create 'patch' format diffs between releases
|          release      Indicate that a Module is no longer in use
|          remove       Remove an entry from the repository
|          rlog         Print out history information for a module
|          rtag         Add a symbolic tag to a module
|          server       Server mode
|          status       Display status information on checked out files
|          tag          Add a symbolic tag to checked out version of files
|          unedit       Undo an edit command
|          update       Bring work tree in sync with repository
|          version      Show current CVS version(s)
|          watch        Set watches
|          watchers     See who is watching a file
|  (Specify the --help option for a list of other help options)
|   -> Lock_Cleanup()
|  271 ==/dkcjunk==>
|  271 ==/dkcjunk==>
|  271 ==/dkcjunk==>

I also tried it without the -t:

272 ==/dkcjunk==> cvs -z3 -d:pserver:anoncvs@subversions.gnu.org:/cvsroot/emacs
 checkout emacs

but it just sits there, doing nothing.

Any ideas, or other cmd-strings to try?

(Please, don't ask me to *learn* cvs -- the *only* use I
have for it is to get the "cvs" emacs!)

Thanks!

David