Re: ecb / Fortran 95 support ?

From: Madhusudan Singh
Subject: Re: ecb / Fortran 95 support ?
Date: Sun, 10 Apr 2005 15:19:33 -0400

Madhusudan Singh wrote:

> Hi
>
>  I downloaded ecb (emacs code browser) for use with emacs. I had read that
> ecb uses etags or semantic for supporting languages.
>
>  Now, etags (or exuberant-ctags) does support fortran (hopefully fortran
>  95
> as well). However, version 2.31 README seems to talk a lot about semantic
> (which  does not support fortran), eieio and speedbar, but does not
> mention etags.
>
>  Does this mean that ecb has stopped using etags (and hence shut fortran
> out) ?
>
> Thanks.

Now, I followed the directions and installed the latest version of cedet I
could find on

http://sourceforge.net/project/showfiles.php?group_id=17886&release_id=227377

namely 1.0beta3b.

This page also shows the latest version of speedbar as 0.14beta4. Not that I
used it - I just used the version that came with cedet's latest version.

I get the following errors on emacs startup :

Setting up semantic...done
Setting up speedbar...done
Setting up cedet-contrib...done
(source)...done
ECB 2.31 uses semantic 2.0beta3, eieio 0.18beta2 and speedbar 0.14beta4.

An error has occurred while loading `/home/singh/.emacs':

error: "You need to upgrade package speedbar to 0.15beta1"

To ensure normal operation, you should investigate the cause
of the error in your initialization file and remove it.  Start
Emacs with the `--debug-init' option to view a complete error
backtrace

How do I get version 0.15beta1 when it does not even exist ??!!!