different codings of a char in the same litteral

From: Sébastien Kirche
Subject: different codings of a char in the same litteral
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 14:49:47 +0200

Hi,

In Gnus, to display the recipients  names or the newsgroups names instead of
my  name   in  the  sent   messages  lists,  I  eventually   configured  the
gnus-ignored-from-addresses that is a regexp for the From: names to rid off.

However, in the past i used different From: in different coding systems :
- Sebastien Kirche
- Sébastien Kirche encoded in latin-1 then latin-9

My problem was to handle the both versions of the accentuated form.

I tried to  copy/paste the chars from each version, but  as my coding system
is latin-9, the  latin-1 was re-encoded. Thanks to C-x =  i managed to build
the following regexp :

(setq gnus-ignored-from-addresses "S\\(e\\|\x8e9\\|\xf69\\)bastien Kirche")

Where \x8e9 is the é in latin-1 and \xf69 is the latin-9.

But i wonder if it exists a proper manner less tricky to build such a string
(without simply replacing the possibly accentuated char by a .+) ?

--
Sébastien Kirche