Re: byte-compiling .emacs (was: how can I tell emacs to treat a text fil

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: byte-compiling .emacs (was: how can I tell emacs to treat a text file as html?)
Date: Mon, 11 Apr 2005 08:10:11 -0500

   On Sun, Apr 10 2005, Joe Corneli <jcorneli@math.utexas.edu> wrote:

   > But, note, what you should really do is byte compile the .emacs,

   Why?  Typically this isn't worth the trouble ("Changes is my .emacs
   are ignored!!!1  What's wrong???ß").

OK, I guess I was wrong.  I personally always byte compile mine b/c
otherwise emacs complains that the source file is newer.  Other people
might not have that problem :).  But perhaps I'm the one who should
change...