Re: emacs fortran 90 model

From: rgb
Subject: Re: emacs fortran 90 model
Date: 11 Apr 2005 08:24:28 -0700

> When I edit the fortran source code with the suffix .f90, the
> digit-argument command doesn't work for a certain character.
> Specifically, ESC n with "*" or "-" only repeat the character once,
but
> not n times.  It works fine for other characters.  Would someone help
me
> figuring out this? I use Emacs version 21.2.1 on linux.

If you type C-h c <char> you normally see self-insert-command.
I'll bet those characters map to something else for some reason.
If you don't regularly use prefix args that way yourself it's
easy to forget to add support for them when writing a function.
It's something you must explicitly code for.  It's likely the
function(s) currently being called for those keys don't have
such support.