Re: eudc fails with bbdb

From: Sébastien Kirche
Subject: Re: eudc fails with bbdb
Date: Thu, 14 Apr 2005 17:47:18 +0200

Hi Stefan,

Le 14 Apr 2005, Stefan Monnier s'est exprimé ainsi :

> Such an error is almost invariably due to a miscompiled file (either
> because a file was not recompiled or because of a missing `require'
> statement, ...).
>
> In    your   case   it    seems   the    miscompiled   code    is   in
> eudc-bbdb-extract-phones where it uses the macro bbdb-record-phones.

Yes, but i still don't understand.

It seems to  me that this macro is generated  but the bbdb-defstruc that
is in bbdb.el and is required.

What  do   you  mean  by   miscompiled/recompile  ?  I  have   tried  to
byte-recompile the bbdb  lisp files, but it keeps  on failing withe same
"invalid-function". Anyway  could not  bbdb function without  being byte
compiled ?

I  have  tried  many  things  like  manually  re-requiring  the  bbd.el,
eudc... without success.

Do  you think  I  should  send a  bug  report to  either  bbdb or  emacs
developers, or simply I am stupid ? ;)

--
Sébastien Kirche