Re: Using <apps> as a modifier key?

From: Mathias Dahl
Subject: Re: Using <apps> as a modifier key?
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 14:03:58 +0200

"rgb" <rbielaws@i1.net> writes:

> I use it all the time.  I've mapped the C-x stuff over there because
> I use CUA and that rids me of the conflict.  You can also use
> <C-lwindow> (and <C-rwindow> if you've got one).  I wrote something
> up on it just recently.  Look here:
> http://www.emacswiki.org/cgi-bin/wiki/PrefixKey

Ah, yes, I've seen that (I'm MaDa on EmacsWiki), a very nice tutoarial
on prefix keys. But, if I interpret the page correctly, there is no
description on how to use <apps> as a *modifier* key, i.e. one like
Shift, Control or Alt.

I'd love to have an extra modifier key that I can use together with
the full range of "normal" keys to bind new commands.

Maybe this is not possible at all, maybe those keys are,
hardware-wise, special?

/Mathias