Re: autofill for tex modes

From: Joe Corneli
Subject: Re: autofill for tex modes
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2005 12:31:46 -0500

   Joe Corneli <jcorneli@math.utexas.edu> writes:

   > Does anyone know of an autofill (or `fill-individual-paragraphs' type
   > of function, alternatively & maybe preferably) that works in LaTeX
   > modes?  I might have written a question about this a couple years ago.
   > The issue is to avoid messing up the formatting of e.g. large arrays,
   > while still having "most" lines be 70 characters long or less.  I
   > think I can write this pretty easily, but if it exists already, that's
   > even easier.

   AUCTeX <URL:http://www.gnu.org/software/auctex>

Is there an easy way to get LaTeX-fill-buffer from AUCTeX to ignore
comment blocks whenever they are encountered?

Currently, running it on a file with this header:

%%% This file is part of PlanetMath snapshot of 2005-02-15
%%% Primary Title: order of operations
%%% Primary Category Code: 00A99
%%% Filename: OrderOfOperations.tex
%%% Version: 3
%%% Owner: akrowne
%%% Author(s): akrowne
%%% PlanetMath is released under the GNU Free Documentation License.
%%% You should have received a file called fdl.txt along with this file.
%%% If not, please write to gnu@gnu.org.

Gave me a file with _this_ header:

%%% This file is part of PlanetMath snapshot of 2005-02-15 Primary Title: order
%%%  of operations Primary Category Code: 00A99 Filename: OrderOfOperations.tex
%%%  Version: 3 Owner: akrowne Author(s): akrowne PlanetMath is released under
%%%  the GNU Free Documentation License.  You should have received a file called
%%%  fdl.txt along with this file.  If not, please write to gnu@gnu.org.

The rest of this function's behavior seems to be just what I want.