Re: Substiotution of tabs with spaces...

From: Peter Dyballa
Subject: Re: Substiotution of tabs with spaces...
Date: Sat, 16 Apr 2005 00:49:55 +0200

Am 15.04.2005 um 15:15 schrieb Pascal Bourguignon:

Also, with my emacs configuration,
M-x replace-string RET TAB
tries to substitute a string of four spaces, not one tabulation.

Try:

 M-x replace-regexp RET C-q TAB + RET SPC SPC SPC RET
 M-x replace-string RET C-q TAB RET SPC SPC SPC RET

Yes, that's something I've seen here too. I remember that I failed a few times to remove, i.e. replace-regexp with nothing, [SPC TAB]+$ -- there could be a better regexp too. Do have an idea why TAB is sometimes \t and sometimes a few spaces?

--
Greetings

  Pete